A one-day benefits fundamentals workshop designed for those new to benefits management or looking for an overview and refresher on current, relevant topics.
Tuesday, July 24
9:00 am-4:00 pm (check-in starts at 8:30 am)
Meetings On Pointe Training Center
2190 North Loop West, Suite 311
Houston, Texas 77018
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Pre-registration and pre-payment is required; space is limited.
Experienced benefits professionals will lead participants through core benefits topics, providing foundational knowledge for monitoring and managing employer-sponsored programs for effectiveness, compliance and relevance. Participants will learn:
- The different types of tax-favored health plan savings and funding accounts
- Common pharmacy benefit structure and cost management techniques
- Wellness program compliance considerations
- The annual enrollment process
- HIPAA compliance basics
- Health plan compliance – the ABCs of federal regulation
- The responsibilities of retirement fiduciaries and methods to educate employees around long-term saving
*The workshop offers 6 PDCs for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP and 6 hours of HR (General) credit towards PHR and SPHR recertification requirements. The workshop will represent 6 CEBS Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- Glenn Able, CFP, ChFC, CBFS, Lockton Companies
- Laura Bunn, MS, USI Insurance Services
- Wendy Carmichael, USI Insurance Services
- Lisa Hollins, CEBS, Hollins Consulting
- Hemali Kothari, Baker Hughes
- Tom Tran, Gallagher
- Petula Workman, JD, CEBS, Gallagher
Payment & Terms
- HR Houston Member $330.00
- Houston Chapter ISCEBS Member $330.00
- HR Houston NonMember $380.00
PRE-REGISTRATION AND PRE-PAYMENT IS REQUIRED. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE LATE REGISTRATIONS, WALK-INS OR PAYMENT AT THE DOOR.
Cancellations may be made with a full refund up to 5 business days prior to the workshop. Individuals who register and neither cancel nor attend are not eligible for refund or rescheduling. Substitutions may be made at any time; however, substitutions may incur an additional fee due to differences in the member type, e.g., substituting a non-member for a member registration. If you have any questions about this course, please contact HR Houston at 713.426.2646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map & Driving Directions
Make Your Commute Easier: 2190 North Loop West is NOT located on the feeder for the North Loop. You must turn onto East TC Jester and travel North approximately 2 blocks to "Entrance 5" of the office park named "The Preserve". Turn Right at Entrance 5 and look for the garage marked Building 2190 for parking. For additional information to help you avoid rush hour and/or construction back-ups, see our Optional Area Routes Guide (PDF).