Proposal for Speaking at HR Houston Monthly Meetings
PLEASE NOTE: This form cannot be used to propose a session for the Gulf Coast Symposium on HR Issues - Use the Symposium Speaker Proposal Form
Information About HR Houston
HR Houston is one of the largest local affiliate chapters of the 275,000 member Society of Human Resource Management. With over 2,200 members in the Greater Houston area, HR Houston sponsors monthly meetings offering professional development sessions, stand-alone workshops and seminars, and an annual conference. The purpose of this form is to gather standardized information from all potential presenters interested in speaking at an HR Houston monthly meeting. HR Houston is particularly interested in educational presentations that meet the curriculum and standards for SHRM Professional Development Credits (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP) and HR Certification Institute recertification credit (PHR, SPHR and GPHR)
Educational Sessions Offered at General Meetings
- Featuring up to three hours of educational sessions. Presentations by or including practitioners are given special consideration.
- Typically held at a hotel within the Inner Loop area, with an average attendance of 75-125+
- For the 2017-2018 programs year, General Meetings will be held in August, January, March and June
HR in Your Neighborhood Meetings (previously known as Special Interest Group/SIG Meetings)
- 2017-2018 local meetings in Southwest, Downtown, Cypress, Westchase, Far West, Inner Loop and The Woodlands, with average attendance of 15-35
- A typical presentation segment is 60 minutes. Presentations by or including practitioners are given special consideration
- For the 2017-2018 programs year, HR in Your Neighborhood Meetings will be held in September, November, February and April
Gulf Coast Symposium on HR Issues (Conference) – A 3-day conference with multiple speakers and topics offered as concurrent sessions. Requires separate Symposium Speaker Proposal Form
- A Presentation is 60 min., but may be offered as 90-min. or 2-hr presentations for the educational sessions at General Meetings. Presentations by or including practitioners are given special consideration.
- Submit your proposal online; describe your presentation succinctly. The description and objectives will be submitted to/reviewed by SHRM to determine approval for Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and HR Certification Institute to determine approval for recertification credit.
- Submitted materials will be reviewed for content, quality and relevance to HR Houston’s program goals.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- HR Houston reserves the right to check professional references to verify presentation quality and skills.
- If the proposal is accepted, you will receive an invitation to participate with information regarding the schedule and other information relevant to your presentation.
HR professionals attend chapter events to further their knowledge on the latest HR trends and to learn techniques relevant to their jobs. Further, neither SHRM nor the HR Certification Institute will grant recertification credit for sales/marketing presentations. Speakers agree to refrain from promoting their companies, products or services during their presentations.
In the interest of attendees, this marketing policy includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information is limited to the last PowerPoint slide and/or handout page ONLY.
- DO NOT solicit or collect attendee contact information
- NO selling, "raffling off” or conducting drawings for any products or services
- We have an obligation to protect attendee privacy; therefore, videotaping, audiotaping or photography without prior approval is not permitted
Speaker Handouts, Fees & Expenses
Handouts for Meeting Attendees: Speakers are responsible for providing their own handouts. While handouts are not required, a majority of speakers provide them and attendees appreciate their consideration.
Fees & Expenses: HR Houston does not pay speaker fees or reimburse expenses for monthly meetings.
SHRM Preferred Provider
HR Houston is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP and the SHRM-SCP. For more information on the SHRM certifications, visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Approval for HR Certification Institute Credit
HR Houston is an approved provider of continuing education hours for PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information, visit www.hrci.org.
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE MONTHLY MEETING PROPOSAL