HR Houston Code of Ethics
The HR Houston membership Code of Ethics strives to promote and maintain the highest standards of personal integrity, honesty, professional competence, sound judgment, communication, understanding and discretion among each of its members. We accept professional responsibility for our individual decisions and actions.
This Code of Ethics is the proclamation of our obligations as members to our selves, our clients, our profession and HR Houston. We are ethically responsible for promoting and fostering fairness and justice for all employees and their organizations.
As HR professionals, we must maintain a high level of trust with our stakeholders. We must protect the interests of our stakeholders as well as our professional integrity and should not engage in activities that create actual, apparent, or potential conflicts of interest. We pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct;
- Support the goals and objectives of the HR Houston;
- Abstain from using my HR Houston membership to solicit business on behalf of my employer or to secure special privilege or financial gain for myself or my employer;
- Abstain from using HR Houston directories, websites, newsletters where HR Houston members are listed as a resource to indiscriminately solicit business. (i.e. cold call calling, faxing, or e-mailing);
- Represent my human resource related services, knowledge, credentials, qualifications, experience, and ability fairly, accurately and non-deceptively in all communications and advertisements;
- To keep client information and records of client engagements confidential, and use proprietary client information only with client permission, and to comply with all copyright laws, and use proprietary information or methodologies only with permission;
- Strive for personal growth in the field of human resource management;
- Promote the development and advancement of my profession;
- Strive to achieve the business objectives of my employer through effective human resource strategies and practices;
- Mentor and instruct the less experienced members of the profession in the knowledge and practices of the discipline;
- Promote responsible public policy which equitably balances employee and employer interests;
- Uphold all laws and regulations relating to my employer’s activities;
- Improve public understanding of the role of human resource management.
This Code of Ethics for members of HR Houston has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of personal and professional conduct among its members.
By joining the Association, a member endorses this Code.