- HR Houston does not release information in regard to members’ email addresses or telephone numbers to any entity or individual without the express approval of the individual member.
- HR Houston provides an Online Membership Directory which is password protected and bears the warning against misuse: “Information contained in this database is a trade secret, owned by HR Houston, and is provided to members for personal professional use only. Unauthorized use or reproduction of the material contained in this database is prohibited and can subject you to damages plus attorney’s fees under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act.”
- HR Houston does not sell its membership list; on occasion, the association may enter into co-sponsorship agreements with other entities whereby a mailing list is provided for the distribution of printed material. Members’ email addresses or telephone numbers are never released.
- HR Houston, as the producer of the Gulf Coast Symposium on Human Resource Issues, provides attendee mailing lists as a benefit offered to sponsors and exhibitors at the conference. The document lists registered attendees and includes name, certification, position, employer and mailing address. During the registration process, attendees are given the option of releasing their contact information (including telephone number and email addresses) to exhibitors—i.e. “opt in”. Email addresses are never released without the individual member’s specific permission.
- HR Houston, to provide an avenue for third parties to promote educational events or products of interest to HR professionals, has established a blast email program. Organizations may purchase a specially designed email to be sent out by HR Houston’s staff to all members. Such marketing blast emails carry the assurance that HR Houston is sending the email and that member’s emails are never released to a third party.
- HR Houston will always offer an electronic opt-out feature to members should they prefer not to receive emails unrelated to HR Houston’s events and activities.